On February 24, 2020, the Board of Education voted unanimously to begin the process to sell ten million dollars in working cash bonds to repair and renovate our school buildings over the next three to five years.
Facility renovations and repairs outlined include:
- bathroom renovations
- handicap accessibility
- HVAC replacement
- lighting upgrades
- asbestos abatement
- blacktop and retaining wall repairs
- exterior tuckpointing
- interior and exterior door replacement
- ceiling grid replacements
- locker replacements
A good way to summarize the work described above is regular upkeep that will address facility needs and improve the safety and environment of district facilities.
The District Tax Rate will not increase due to the sale of Working Cash Bonds.
- Ten million dollars in annual revenue, reserves and grants will cover half of the outlined projects;
- The remaining half of the projects will be covered by $10 million dollars in Bond sales.
The Board of Education is committed to improving facilities while maintaining a consistent tax rate.
There is a meeting scheduled for Monday, March 23rd at Webster Elementary beginning at 6:00 PM in the auditorium to provide additional information to the public regarding facility needs and the outlined plan.
Dr. Mark B. Skertich
March 10, 2020