Families of students who will be attending Collinsville High School beginning in the 2020-2021 school year, please note the following important information:
(For information pertaining to private/parochial school students who will be attending CHS, click here.)
Save the Dates!
You will want to attend “Getting to Know CHS” on Tuesday, January 7, 2020 in the CHS Auditorium at 6:30 p.m. and a special CHS Open House on Saturday, January, 11, 2020 from 8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. and 1:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. in the Counseling Department (to visit the Counseling Department, enter thru the main Visitors Entrance in the front of the school.)
“Getting to Know CHS” is for all incoming freshmen and their parents/guardians. There will be a presentation by CHS administrators and counselors, followed by a question and answer session. You will also have an opportunity to meet representatives from each subject area and learn more about CHS clubs and activities.
Many of your questions about high school courses and the registration process will be answered during the “Getting to Know CHS” presentation, however, if you want to meet individually with a CHS counselor, plan to attend the Open House on January 11th. Counselors will meet with families on a first come, first served basis.
Math Placement Test
All incoming CHS freshmen are required to take the CHS Math Placement test to assist in placing them in the appropriate math course for their freshman year. There are several dates and times to come to the high school to take the test. You do not need to make a reservation or bring anything to take the test.
Students may arrive any time during the indicated testing window. The testing period is a maximum of 55 minutes. Students may leave as they complete the test. The exam will be given in Room 106. (See Student Handbook for map.) There will be a waiting area for parents who wish to remain at CHS while their child takes the test. Enter through the school’s main Visitor Entrance.
Monday, December 9, start times between 4:00 and 6:00 p.m.
Thursday, December 12, start times between 4:00 and 6:00 p.m.
Saturday, January 11, start times between 9:30 a.m. and noon.
Registering for 2020-21 Courses
Course requests for students new to the Collinsville school district will be manually entered by CHS Counseling Department from the yellow worksheet completed on or before January 10, 2020. Current CUSD 10 students/families will complete the course registration process online using Skyward Family Access.
Tips for successful course registration:
- Use the 2020-21 Course Offering Guide to learn about and choose courses. Indicate desired courses on the Incoming 9th Grade Registration Worksheet
- Include BOTH Semester 1 and Semester 2 courses; classes with an (*) are half-year courses.
- Select each course as it appears on the worksheet.
- Teacher recommendations are required for Pre-AP courses and Athletic PE. Freshmen who wish to take Athletic PE must obtain a recommendation signature from their current head coach.
- Courses are listed alphabetically in the Available Courses table.
- Be sure to collect the correct course numbers.
- Be sure to complete alternate course sections as back-up courses in case of scheduling conflicts.
For questions and contact information for CHS Counselors, please see the Counseling Department page or call 346-6320 ext. 1137.
For a copy of the information packet mailed to families, click here.