August 24, 2023 – In conformity with Illinois School Code, 105 ILCS 5/10-10, the Board of Education of Collinsville Community Unit School District No. 10, Counties of Madison and St. Clair, hereby gives notice that it will accept letters of interest from individuals who would like to be considered for appointment by the Board to a vacancy on the Board of Education. The person selected will serve until the next regular school board election, at which time a candidate will be elected for the position.
Any individual interested in this position must meet the following qualifications:
• Be a United States citizen.
• Be at least 18 years of age.
• Be a resident of Illinois and the District 10 for at least one year immediately preceding the appointment.
• Be a registered voter.
• Not be a child sex offender.
• Not hold another incompatible public office.
• Not have a prohibited interest in any contract with the District.
• Not be a school trustee.
Interested persons must file a letter of interest, resume and explain how they will positively impact the Collinsville School District. Application packets should be addressed to:
Mr. Gary Peccola
Collinsville CUSD No. 10
201 W Clay St.
Collinsville, IL 62234.
Application packets must be received in the District office no later than 4 p.m. on September 8, 2023.
The Board may fill the position with or without conducting interviews. In the event interviews are deemed necessary, those Applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.