Collinsville Community Unit School District #10 will be administering state-required achievement tests this spring. The testing window is April 3 – April 20, 2018.
You will be informed by your school regarding specific testing dates.
Students in grades 3 – 8 will be tested in English language arts/reading and mathematics. The tests are a part of the Partnership for Assessment of Readiness for College and Careers (PARCC) program and are being given to all eligible students.
The results of these state tests will be reported on the CUSD 10 School Report Cards. We review these state test results along with other information to help us improve our school program. In addition, parents/guardians will receive information about each child’s performance on the state tests he or she took. PARCC results from this spring will be shared this fall.
Families can help children do their best on the test by:
- Making sure, if possible, that your child attends school on the days of testing;
- Making sure your child gets a good night’s sleep the night before testing;
- Providing breakfast on the mornings of testing;
- Reminding your child to ask the teacher questions if he or she does not understand the test directions;
- Letting your child know that you have confidence in his/her ability to do his/her best; and
- Advising your child not to worry about the test – just do the best he/she can.
Please try to schedule all appointments after school these weeks, as all test sessions must be made up if a student is absent.
Please contact your child’s teacher if you want additional information or have further questions about these tests.