Dear CHS Parents & Guardians,
I cannot begin to articulate how proud I am of our entire school community during this difficult time. Our students, staff, and families have been awesome (as usual) during this uncertain time. Please KNOW that the health and safety of your child is first and foremost here at CHS. That includes the mental and emotional well-being of your child. Please take a moment to review the link below as it pertains to the COVID-19 pandemic.
I also want to share that I sent your child an email. Please take a moment to discuss that email with your child. Please review the following academic information:
- 3rd quarter grades concluded on Friday, March 13th. We will inform you once grades are officially posted for that grading period.
- We will keep you posted regarding standardized testing (i.e. SAT).
- Take advantage of this time to discuss academic performance, goals, and pathways with your child. Discuss career planning and postsecondary plans. Search for scholarship opportunities. Our students have access to Naviance, which is an excellent program. Also, I highly encourage you to leverage our school counselors for assistance.
- Please support our E-Learning/Alternative Learning during the school closure:
- Encourage your student to communicate with teachers and participate fully in E-learning.
- Students should complete all E-learning lessons to minimize disruption in learning.
- We have prepared for e-learning. Our teachers receive support and training so we can better serve your child.
- Student procedures were included in the email I sent them.
- Please note the information below if connectivity at home is an issue:
- Charter will offer free Spectrum broadband and Wi-Fi access for 60 days to households with K-12 and/or college students who do not already have a Spectrum broadband subscription at any service level up to 100 Mbps. To enroll call 1-844-488-8395. Installation fees will be waived for new student households.
Please follow the Unit #10 Website for updates and information. Don’t hesitate to reach out to me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or concerns. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for the privilege of working with CHS students and families. May you all be safe and healthy. Hopefully, the pandemic will get under control and school will resume in normal fashion soon.
David Snider, CHS Principal