March 8, 2022 – Collinsville CUSD 10 has shared information with parents regarding scheduled state assessments that will be administered to students in Spring 2022. Please see the letter below for details and watch for school-specific information to be sent by principals.
Federal law requires the Illinois State Board of Education (ISBE) to administer certain assessments to all students who attend public schools in the state. Therefore, we will be giving your child state-required achievement tests to all eligible students between March 21 and April 29. You will receive the exact dates that your child will test from his/her school. Students in grades 3 – 8 will be tested in English language arts/literacy and mathematics. The tests are a part of the Illinois Assessment of Readiness (IAR) program. Students in grades 5, 8, and 11 will also take the Illinois Science Assessment (ISA). In addition, students in grade 11 will take the SAT on April 13.
You can help your child do his/her best on the test by:
- Making sure, if possible, that your child attends school on the days of testing;
- Making sure your child gets a good night’s sleep the night before testing;
- Providing breakfast on the mornings of testing;
- Reminding your child to ask the teacher questions if he or she does not understand the test directions;
- Letting your child know that you have confidence in his or her ability to do his or her best;
- Advising your child not to worry about the test – just do the best he or she can.
If you have questions about the required assessments, please reach out to your child’s teacher or the building principal. As always, we encourage our students to do their best every day. Thank you for your partnership in your child’s academic success.
Director of Curriculum and Assessments