Collinsville Community Unit School District #10 has announced a new online enrollment process for 2020-21 Kindergarten students.
Assistant Superintendent and Director of Student Services Bradley Hyre introduced the new process:
“As we continue with Remote Learning in Unit 10 for the remainder of the current school year, we look forward to the time when we are able to have staff and students in schools for the 2020-2021 school year. Like many school districts across the country, Collinsville CUSD 10 is adapting to the ever-changing environment during the COVID-19 pandemic. To help protect the health and safety of our families, we are excited to offer a convenient Remote Online Enrollment Opportunity for the Class of 2033 (next year’s Kindergarten students).
The Kindergarten Online Enrollment application platform will allow parents/guardians a convenient method to enroll their student into the Collinsville School District using a Personal Computer, Smartphone or Tablet. We’ve been working very hard during this difficult time to best serve our students and families while adhering to the guidance from the County Health Departments, the Illinois State Board of Education and the Center for Disease Control regarding educational issues related to the virus.”
Kindergarten Online Enrollment Opens May 11, 2020
Children must be at least five years old on or before September 1st to be enrolled in kindergarten.
Beginning on May 11, 2020 families will be able to enroll Kindergarten students for the 2020-2021 school year ONLINE through Skyward Family Access. If you do not already have a Skyward Family Access account, please create an account by clicking here New Student Enrollment Account Request to sign up for an account and begin the enrollment process. Please note that a valid email address is required. If you do not have a valid email address, you may obtain a free one through Gmail, Yahoo mail or Outlook. If you currently have a student attending school in the Collinsville Unit 10 School District, please use your Skyward Login to complete the New Student Online Enrollment Application. SEE the NSOE Online Enrollment Guide for assistance (https://www.kahoks.org/parents/enrollment/).
For step-by-step instructions:
If your question is not answered within the guide, contact the Student Services Department at email@example.com
NOTE: Students entering Kindergarten for the 2020-2021 school year who are currently attending preschool in Unit 10 are NOT required to re-enroll in the school District. Students will be placed in Kindergarten in the student’s school attendance area based upon enrolled residence address.
If you do not have a student attending school in the Collinsville Unit 10 School District, please request a temporary Skyward Login and Password by clicking here New Student Enrollment: Account Request.
If you currently have a student attending school in the Collinsville Unit 10 School District, please use your current Skyward Login to complete the New Student Online Enrollment Application.
As you are completing the enrollment process, you will have the opportunity to scan and attach (as pdf or photo) the required documents as part of the enrollment application. This step is required to complete the enrollment application.
- Parent/Guardian Photo ID
- Child’s Birth Certificate
- Parent/Guardian Proof of Residence within the CUSD10 School Boundary (Evidence from Category I and Category II – See Document Attached).
Additional Documents to Provide if Applicable
- Parenting plan/Court order
- Proof of guardianship (or completed Affidavit) if the child is living with an adult other than the legal guardian(s).
- Foster Parent Placement Forms
The 2020-2021 Kindergarten Enrollment Packet with important information for your Kindergarten student, is available on the District Parent Resources/Enrollment page under Related Documents/Kindergarten Enrollment.
Enrollment of Kindergarten Students to the Collinsville School District
Students NEW to the Collinsville School District are required to enroll ONLINE via the Skyward Family Access Portal.
During the Online Enrollment Process, parents/guardians will be required to upload:
- A photo ID
- 2. A certified or registered birth certificate for the student at the time of enrollment. (Note: If a birth certificate is unavailable, the parent may present other reliable proof of the child’s identify and age that is supported by a sworn statement explaining why the birth certificate is not available (ie. Passport, Visa or other governmental documentation of a child’s identity).
- Proof of residency within the District by providing the required number of documents from each of the following categories:
Category I (One document showing proper name and address is required)
- Most recent residential property tax bill and proof of payment, e.g., canceled check or Form 1098 (homeowners)
- Mortgage papers (homeowners)
- Signed and dated lease and proof of last month’s payment, e.g., canceled check or receipts (renters)
- Letter from manager and proof of last month’s payment, e.g., canceled check or receipt (trailer park residents)
- Letter of residence from landlord in lieu of lease (7:60-AP2, E1)
- Letter of residence to be used when the person seeking to enroll a student is living with a District resident (7:60-AP2, E2)
Category II (Two documents showing proper name and address are required)
- Current Illinois Driver’s license or temporary Illinois Driver’s license
- Consular Identification card, Green card, Visa, U.S. Passport or current State Identification card
- Current Vehicle registration
- Current Voter registration
- Most recent (within 60 days) utility bill, e.g., gas, electric, cable television, trash, water (No cell phones)
- Current major credit card bill
- Current public aid card
- Current homeowners/renters insurance policy and premium payment receipt
- Receipt for moving van rental
Anyone with a Custody Order Seeking to Enroll a Student
Presents court order, agreement, judgment, or decree that awards or gives custody of the student to any person (including divorce decrees awarding custody to one or both parents).
Non-Parent Seeking to Enroll a Student
Must complete and sign Evidence of Non-Parent’s Custody, Control, and Responsibility of a Student form, Affidavit of Enrollment and Residency, along with District approval. (This must be completed on a yearly basis). School Board exhibit 7:60-AP2, E3
The School District reserves the right to evaluate the evidence presented, and merely presenting the items listed in this Procedure does not guarantee admission.
If a student is determined to be a nonresident of the District for whom tuition must be charged, the persons enrolling the student are liable for nonresident tuition from the date the student began attending a District school as a nonresident pursuant to Illinois School Code (105 ILCS 5/10-20.12a(a). A person who knowingly enrolls or attempts to enroll in this School District on a tuition-free basis a student known by that person to be a nonresident of the District is guilty of a Class C misdemeanor, except in very limited situations as defined in State law (105 ILCS 5/10-20.12b(e). A person who knowingly or willfully presents to the School District any false information regarding the residency of a student for the purpose of enabling that student to attend any school in that District without the payment of a nonresident tuition charge is guilty of a Class C misdemeanor (105 ILCS 5/10-20.12b(f).