The Village of Maryville Mayor, Board of Trustees and Maryville Community Improvement Board (MCIB) are sponsoring the 5th annual Young Citizens of the Year Award for students in kindergarten through 12th grade.
The purpose of this award is to recognize outstanding citizenship from youth in the Maryville community, and to encourage students to take an active role in their communities, schools and churches.
Any student in Grades K-12 who resides or attends church or school in Maryville is eligible. There are three age categories: kindergarten through Grade 4, Grades 5-8 and Grades 9-12.
Nomination forms are due by February 25th, 2021 to MaryvilleCIB@gmail.com.
The nominations will be reviewed by the MCIB. Winners will be announced in March 2021. Depending on the quantity and quality of submissions, multiple awards may be given for each age group. Award winners and their parents will be recognized during the April 2021 Village Board meeting and at the Mayor’s Prayer Dinner in May 2021. Additionally, names of awardees will be displayed on a plaque in the Village Hall.
“The purpose of this program is to recognize and reward young citizens for outstanding contributions to the community. The award may be for a single random act of kindness or for an ongoing activity that the young citizen participates in which contributes to the greater good of the Village of Maryville and surrounding areas. The activity should be outside of the normal requirements for another organization the individual is involved in (such as Girl Scouts, Boy Scouts, etc.), however, contributions above and beyond the minimum are permitted and may be recognized through this awards program. It is important to note that we are looking for individuals that stand out from their peers in terms of community service. Emphasis should be placed more on the individual contributions of the student rather than membership in a particular organization(s). This award will be given on an annual basis.”
- Nominee must be a resident of Maryville, IL, or a student at a school located in Maryville, or a member/participant of a church located in Maryville
- Nominee must currently be enrolled in kindergarten through Grade 12
- Three categories: Grades K-4, Grades 5-8, Grades 9-12
- At the discretion of the Maryville Community Improvement Board, multiple awards may be given for each age group, depending on the quantity and quality of the nominations received.
- Winners will be announced in March 2021. Award winners will be recognized by the Village of Maryville Board at the Village Board meeting in April 2021 and the Mayor’s Prayer Dinner in May 2021.
- Nomination forms are due by February 25th, 2021 to the Maryville Community Improvement Board (MCIB) at MaryvilleCIB@gmail.com.
Questions can be directed to Courtney Wright at (618) 401-4621 or Courtney.wright@BenjaminFEdwards.com.
Click HERE to download and print the official nomination form.