Congratulations to Kahok greats who will be inducted into the St. Louis Sports Hall of Fame in February 2018 as members of the second Illinois-only induction class.
- Vergil Fletcher, Collinsville, won 747 games as head coach at Collinsville High School including two state championships
- Ken Oberkfell, a resident of Maryville and Collinsville High School graduate, batted .278 in 15 big-league seasons, most prominently with the St. Louis Cardinals. He delivered the game-winning single in Game 2 of the NLCS against the Atlanta Braves.
- Joe Reiniger, Collinsville, SIUE soccer star scored 600 goals in National Professional Soccer League.
- Tom Jager, Collinsville, two-time world champion swimmer, five-time Olympic Gold medalist and six-time world record holder in the 50-meter freestyle.
- 1961 Collinsville Kahoks basketball team, which was the undefeated state champion (Whitey Herzog Award)
The enshrinement ceremony is Feb. 1, 2018 at Gateway Classic Cars in O’Fallon. Tickets are $90 each or $720 for a table of eight. For more information: For more information, visit St. Louis Sports Hall of Fame
To read a full list of inductees: Belleville News-Democrat: St. Louis Sports Hall of Fame to Induct Nine from the Metro-East