Current 8th grade students attending Collinsville Middle School AND private/parochial schools who will attend Collinsville High School for the first time in Fall 2024 will register for classes from November 15 through December 1, 2023.
To assist with course registration and prepare for the transition to high school, several events are scheduled at CHS:
GETTING TO KNOW CHS*
Wednesday, November 15, 2023, 7:00 pm in the CHS Auditorium: All incoming high school students and their families are invited to attend Collinsville High School’s Getting to Know CHS. Parents and students will meet the administration, counselors and teachers to hear about course offerings and the selection of courses. The informative presentation will be followed by a question and answer session with representatives from each subject area, and a club/activity fair. (For those unable to attend, a recording of the presentation will be posted after the event.)
*Note for Spanish speaking families: The Getting to Know CHS presentation with translators will be shared Monday, November 13, 6:30 pm in the Kreitner Elementary Gymnasium.
CHS OPEN HOUSE
Saturday, November 18, 2023, 8 am–12 pm. & 1 pm– 3 pm in the CHS Counseling Department: Families/students who want to meet individually with a CHS Counselor, can attend a special Open House for incoming 9th grade students. Enter through the Visitors Entrance at the front of the school. Counselors will meet families on a first come, first served basis.
COURSE REGISTRATION FOR INCOMING FRESHMEN
Each incoming freshman must complete a yellow (9th grade) course registration worksheet and return it to the CHS Counseling Department by December 1, 2023.
To assist with this process, use THIS LINK to access the 2024-25 Course Offering Guide with course descriptions, sample completed worksheets, videos made by CHS departments, a virtual tour of the school, and more. (This information is also found on the CHS Counseling Department website under the Academics tab on the left side of the screen.)
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENT FOR CURRENT 8TH GRADERS ATTENDING PRIVATE/PAROCHIAL SCHOOLS:
ALL 8th graders who currently attend a school that is not part of the Collinsville CUSD 10 school district, MUST enroll in the school district prior to registering for courses. Enrollment can be accomplished 24/7 online, or through an in-person appointment during department hours at the CUSD 10 Student Services office located at 123 W. Clay Street in Collinsville.
For enrollment instructions and requirements, visit our Enrollment/Registration page.
If you have questions about enrolling in the district, email [email protected] or contact Student Services at (618) 346-6350 ext. 4237 or 4228, M-F, 8 am – 4 pm.
Please note: CUSD 10 administrative offices are closed Friday, November 10 (Veterans Day); Thursday, November 23 and Friday, November 24 (Thanksgiving Holiday).
SUMMARY OF COURSE REGISTRATION STEPS FOR 24-25 INCOMING FRESHMEN
- Enroll in Collinsville CUSD 10 (If not currently a student in the district).
- Begin Registration Worksheet by writing the student’s name on the top of the sheet (Last, First).
- Circle the student’s T-shirt size.
- On the front of the sheet in rows labeled 1, 2 and 3: circle the chosen English, Math, and Science courses. Note: Placement for English, Math and Science classes is based on teacher recommendations, so please talk to your student’s current teachers.
- For Row 4, please circle the student’s PE course.
- On the back of the worksheet, the student will circle FIVE classes they want to take the most and number them in order of preference. If a semester class (indicated by a *) is chosen as number #1, make sure #2 is also a semester class. After completing these choices, the student should sign the back of the form.
- Sign the front and back of the worksheet where indicated.
- Turn in a completed worksheet to the CHS Counseling Department by December 1, 2023.
HAVE QUESTIONS? NEED ASSISTANCE?
If you have questions regarding registration or courses, please contact your child’s assigned counselor at the CHS Counseling Department at (618) 346-6320. Individual extensions and email addresses are listed by their names below:
Ms. Janine Cihak
Ms. Renee Kurtz
Ms. Melissa Biebel
Ms. Karen Olsen (Department Chair)
Mr. Jason Corey
Mr. Robert Lugge