November 2020 – The Collinsville School District is in need of substitute teachers and education assistants. Our district contracts qualified substitutes on a daily basis to fill-in for absent employees.
Substitute teachers fill-in when teachers are away. The role of an education assistant is to help special education teachers in the classroom. All substitutes can designate availability, preferred schools and age group assignments.
If you are an enthusiastic and caring person who would like to earn money while contributing to the success of our schools, here is the information you need:
- Must have a bachelor’s degree or higher.
- Must have an Associate’s degree for a Short Term Substitute license.
- Must have a physical and completed TB test.
- To become a substitute teacher, you must apply with the Madison County Regional Office of Education (ROE), 157 N. Main in Edwardsville — 618-296-4530. The ROE will fingerprint and conduct a background check on all applicants. Fees apply.
- For complete information on becoming licensed to be a substitute teacher visit: Madison County ROE 41 Substitute Process
- Complete the requirements through the ROE application process and then pick up paperwork at the CUSD 10 Administrative Office, 201 W. Clay in Collinsville.
- Substitute teacher pay is $100/day — includes Teachers’ Retirement System.
Substitute Education Assistants:
- Must be a high school graduate or equivalent.
- Must have a pleasant personality and be patient with children of all ages.
- Must have transportation to schools.
- A background check and TB test are required.
- To become a substitute education assistant, you must bring proof of a recent TB test to the CUSD 10 Administrative Office, 201 W. Clay in Collinsville. At that time, you will be given paperwork and instructions for the background check.
- Substitute Ed Assistant pay is $11.00 per hour.
If you have questions, please contact the CUSD 10 Human Resources department at 618-346-6350.