December 14, 2020 – Collinsville High School is preparing to welcome the CHS class of 2025 to the South Morrison campus for the 2021-22 school year.
Following is information all incoming freshmen and families need to know to transition to high school next year.
“These are exciting times for Collinsville High School and we have much to be proud of in the performance of our school and the success of our students,” said CHS Principal David Snider, “We believe that planning for a successful freshman year is important and we value making informed decisions.”
Save the Date for “Getting to Know CHS” Virtual Event
All incoming parents and students are invited to attend Collinsville High School’s LIVE Virtual “Getting to Know CHS” event: Tuesday, January, 5, 2021 at 6:30 pm.
During this event CHS Counselors will share information about credits, types of classes, available resources and more. Parents and students can post questions in the chat throughout the presentation; counselors will be standing-by to answer them.
Follow these steps to log-in to the “Getting to Know CHS” LIVE virtual event:
- Use THIS LINK to go to the Counseling Department website.
- Look for “8th Grade Parent Night” in the menu list on left side of the screen, and click on it. (Second link from the top.) You will see the meeting link OR Click HERE for the Google Meets Link.
- Once there, click the JOIN NOW green button on the right side of the screen.
Please note, if you were unable to attend the live presentation, here is a recording:
Special Information for 8th Graders Currently Attending a Private/Parochial School:
Students new to Collinsville CUSD 10 MUST be enrolled in the district. Resident families can enroll new students to the district for the 2021-2022 school year ONLINE through Skyward Family Access.
If you do not already have a Skyward Family Access account, you must create one. Use the NSOE Online Enrollment Guide (English) OR (Spanish) for assistance. This guide has the steps for the entire enrollment process. If your question is not answered within the guide, contact the Student Services Department at email@example.com
Please note that a valid email address is required. If you do not have a valid email address, you may obtain a free one through GMAIL, YAHOO, or OUTLOOK. In addition to filling out the application you must provide required documents for enrollment and also for proof of residency. You can find all of the requirements on our website’s Enrollment/Registration page.
If you currently have another student attending school in the Collinsville Unit 10 School District, please use your existing Skyward Login to complete the New Student Online Enrollment Application. Use the NSOE Online Enrollment Guide (English) OR (Spanish) for assistance.
Please note: The entire enrollment process can be done from the comfort of your home, however, if you are having difficulty or you have questions, you can schedule an in-person appointment. At this time the district is limiting in-person assistance and requires everyone to have an appointment. Click HERE for information on scheduling an appointment. The Administrative Building is located at 123 W. Clay Street. The District Enrollment Office will be closed December 24th, 25th, 31st and January 1st and 18th for holidays.
If you have any questions about enrolling in the district, please contact CUSD 10 Student Services office at(618)346-6350 ext. 4237 or 4228.
For All Students: How to Choose Courses for Your Freshman Year
Completed worksheets are due to the CHS Counseling Department by January 14, 2021.
Resources that will be helpful when completing your course worksheet:
Department Videos with Information about Some Elective Courses Offered:
- CHS Business Department Video (Includes Video Production, Keyboarding, Small Business Basics, Computer Programming, Cybersecurity, Accounting, Co-op, Exploring Careers, Marketing, Social Media & Digital Marketing, Sports & Entertainment Marketing, Photoshop, Personal Finance)
- CHS World Language Department Video (Includes Spanish, German, Latin, French)
- Family and Consumer Science Video (Includes Criminal Justice, Child Development, Early Childhood Education, Foods & Nutrition, Food Service, Health Occupations)
If you have questions regarding registration or courses, please contact your child’s counselor. Here is a list of their names with individual extensions and email addresses:
Mr. TaRael Kee, Dept. Co-Chair
346-6320 ext. 1135
Ms. Renee Kurtz
346-6320 ext. 1033
Ms. Melissa Biebel
346-6320 ext. 1139
Ms. Karen Olsen, Dept. Co-Chair
346-6320 ext. 1132
Mr. Jason Corey
346-6320 ext. 1131
Mr. Robert Lugge
346-6320 ext. 1150
Checklist to Complete the Course Registration Process:
- If the student is not already attending CUSD 10 schools, enroll in the Collinsville Unit #10 School District.
- Write the student’s name on the top of the Registration Worksheet (Last, First).
- Circle the student’s T-Shirt Size.
- On the front in rows labeled 1, 2, and 3, circle the chosen English, Math, and Science Courses. Note: Placement for English, Math and Science classes will be based on Teacher Recommendations, so please talk to your student’s current teachers.
- For Row 4, please circle the student’s PE course. Athletic PE is only for students in an IHSA sport and requires a recommendation from the student’s current coach. (see worksheet example)
- On the back of the worksheet, the student will circle five classes they want to take the most and number them in order of preference. If a semester class (indicated by a *) is chosen as #1, make sure #2 is also a semester class. After completing course selection, the student will sign the back of the form. (see worksheet example)
- Parent and student should sign the front of the worksheet where indicated.
- Turn in a completed worksheet to the CHS Counseling Department by January 14, 2021.
Virtual Tour of CHS
Since public health restrictions do not currently allow group tours of the high school as conducted in preceding years, CHS is sharing this previous video to give incoming students an inside look at Collinsville High School. View the CHS Survival Guide Video.
Become Familiar with Resources Available through the CHS Counseling Department website
We recommend you visit the CHS Counseling Department website and become familiar with its content. The website has information that will be useful to you and your student at all phases of their high school career. Including:
- Academic Advisement
- AP Summer Homework
- Appointment Scheduling (Students Only)
- Personal/Social Concerns
- Post High School Planning
- Career Exploration
- Transcript Requests
- Scholarship Information
- Standardized Test Preparation
Collinsville High School welcomes and your child to our school and looks forward to serving you in the future!