Collinsville High School accepts summer school registration on a first-come, first-served basis. Registration for summer school opens May 1, 2023 and closes Friday, May 12, 2023. Use THIS LINK to register.
Please direct questions to the CHS Counseling Department. Office hours are 7:15 a.m. to 3:45 p.m. or call (618) 346-6320 ext. 1122.
Summer School Registration:
- Registration takes place May 1- May 12, 2023.
- Families complete an online Google form to register for summer school courses.
- Once the registration form is completed, a summer school fee is placed on the student’s Skyward account.
- Summer school registration is complete only when the form has been submitted AND payment has been received in Skyward.
- Only students with complete registrations (completed form and payment) will be added to a class roster.
- Those who register for a class that is canceled may choose to be reimbursed, or to enroll in another class after the registration deadline, if space is still available.
The summer school registration form must be completed before the end of the day on Friday, May 12, 2023. Payment will be accepted through May 17, 2023 on Skyward, however, students will NOT be added to a class roster until BOTH the registration form and full payment are received. Classes are filled on a first-come, first-served basis.
Summer School courses are $150.00 per .5 credit session regardless of reason (credit recovery or to get ahead). Students may take a maximum of two .5 credit courses ($300.00 total). THERE ARE NO REFUNDS OF SUMMER SCHOOL FEES! (EXCEPT AS NOTED ABOVE)
Summer school instruction will be using the online educational platform Edgenuity. Summer school is scheduled to be in-person. However, CHS administration reserves the right to change that to hybrid/remote at any time based on the safety of the students and staff. Students will not have the option to choose to be remote.
THIS YEAR, NO OUT OF DISTRICT STUDENTS WILL BE ABLE TO ENROLL IN CHS SUMMER SCHOOL.
2023 CHS Summer School Rules & Regulations
- Student schedules and room assignments will be accessible on Skyward. Additionally, room/teacher assignments will be posted on door number 33 of the main building on the first day of summer school.
- Student Attendance is required on the first day of summer school.
- There are two time slots for summer school. The first time slot is 8 am to 11 am. The second time slot is from 11:30 am to 2:30 pm
- Students who are taking one class will come during the first time slot; if students are signed up for two classes, they will attend both time slots.
- Students can take up to two classes in summer school.
- All coursework must be completed by June 20, 2023 at 2:30 p.m., or an F will be assigned. There will be no exceptions or extensions.
- Any disciplinary referrals could result in dismissal from the Summer School program.
- All rules in place for the 2022-2023 school year, reflected in the student handbook, are in effect for Summer School.
- Any student caught smoking, using or possessing tobacco/substances/look-alikes will be dropped from program.
- Students may not use lockers during summer school.
- Some sections of the building and campus will be closed to students during the summer. These areas are being cleaned and prepared for the opening of school in the fall and cannot be used for summer school and. Students who are in these sections without proper authorization will be dropped from the program. This includes the parking lot.
Transportation & Lunch
- Students are responsible for providing their own transportation to and from summer school.
- Any student possessing a valid driver’s license may drive to school. There is no cost. Please be advised that all school policies regarding search of vehicles on school property will apply to any student who drives to school.
- Lunch will not be offered during summer school. A beverage vending machine will be available to students. Students planning to attend the full day should bring lunch to school. Students are allowed to leave during their lunch break, but the tardy policy applies if the student returns late from lunch.
Course Offerings, Dates & Times
Please note: Math, English, Science and US History courses cannot be taken for advancement purposes and may be taken only as make-up courses resulting from a failure during the regular school year.
Summer school courses will be taught through an accredited online program called Edgenuity. There will be a teacher in the room to help facilitate the online program and answer questions. The average Edgenuity course takes approximately 40 hours of work to complete. Students should plan to complete at least 7% of the course each day to finish on time.
Summer school ends June 20, 2023. All coursework and exams must be completed and submitted in Edgenuity by 2:30 pm that day. If work is not submitted when the course closes, an F will be assigned. No exceptions or extensions.
May 25, 26, 30, 31
June 1, 2, 5, 6, 7, 8, 12, 13, 14, 15, 20
Morning session/time slot: 8:00-11:00 a.m.
Afternoon session/time slot: 11:30 a.m. – 2:30 pm
How to Register
- Go to https://www.kahoks.org/schools/collinsville-high-school/
- Click on the Summer School Rotating Graphic OR Click on Summer School under the Information banner on the right side of the screen.
- You will be directed to the Summer School Information Page which will include links to the Summer School Information Packet and Online Registration Google Form.
- Fill out Summer School Registration Google Form during the registration window between May 1, 2023 – May 12, 2023.
- After the registration form is completed, the summer school fee will be placed on your Skyward account within one business day. You will pay the summer school fee through Skyward. Students will not be placed on a class roster until both the form is completed AND full payment is received.
- Payment of the summer school registration fee will be accepted through May 17, 2023, however students will not be placed on a class roster until full payment is received.
2023 CHS Summer School Edgenuity Courses Offered
|Courses for make up credit
Algebra 1 Semester 1 (021021)
|Courses for Advancement
Consumer/Career Education (10110)
Private and parochial school students who reside within the geographic boundaries of Collinsville CUSD 10 and CHS students also have the opportunity to take Driver’s Education. This class costs $250. If you are interested, please contact Mrs. Gresh at 618-346-6320 ext. 1117 or [email protected].