Enrollment - Registration


Students NEW to the Collinsville School District are required to enroll at the Collinsville Unit 10 Administration Office at 123 West Clay Street. A parent/guardian must be present to complete the enrollment process.


  1. Must present a certified or registered birth certificate for the student at the time of enrollment along with their Social Security number.
  2. Category I: (One (1) document required)
    • Most recent tax bill and proof of payment i.e. canceled check
    • Mortgage papers (homeowners)
    • Closing papers on a recently purchased house
    • Signed and dated lease and proof of last month's payment i.e. canceled check
    • AND
  3. Category II: (One (1) document showing proper address is required)
    • Current driver's license or state identification card
    • Current vehicle registration
    • Current public aid card with student's name
    • AND
  4. Category III: (One (1) document showing proper address is required)
    • Most recent (within 60 days) utility bill (For example: gas, electric, cable television, trash, water bill (No cell phones)
    • Registration packet that has been mailed to your residence over the Summer for the year 2016

      Anyone with a Custody Order Seeking to Enroll a Student

      Present court order, agreement, judgment, or decree that awards or gives custody of the student to any person (including divorce decrees awarding custody to one or both parents).

      Non-Parent Seeking to Enroll a Student

      Must complete and sign Evidence of Non-Parent's Custody, Control, and Responsibility of a Student form, along with district approval. (This must be done on a yearly basis).


      The School District reserves the right to evaluate the evidence presented, and merely presenting the items listed in this Procedure does not guarantee admission.


      If a student is determined to be a nonresident of the District for whom tuition must be charged, the persons enrolling the student are liable for non-resident tuition from the date the student began attending a District school as a non-resident.

      A person who knowingly enrolls or attempts to enroll in this School District on a tuition-free basis a student known by that person to be a nonresident of the District is guilty of a Class C misdemeanor, except in very limited situations as defined in State law (105 ILCS 5/10-20.12b(e).

      A person who knowingly or willfully presents to the School District any false information regarding the residency of a student for the purpose of enabling that student to attend any school in that District without the payment of a nonresident tuition charge is guilty of a Class C misdemeanor (105 ILCS 5/10-20.12b(f).


Once enrolled at the district offices, a student will be assigned to a school building. The student and parent need to attend Centralized Registration to complete the registration process. Items needed during centralized registration include:
  1. Proof of residency (only Category II requirements)
  2. Copy of certified birth certificate (if not already provided)
  3. Emergency information
  4. Health and dental records
  5. Free and reduced lunch application (if applicable)
  6. Payment of student fees


Each summer ALL students are required to register for the upcoming school year. Items required for registration are list above under registration. Yearly registration is generally held mid-summer. Registration details (dates/times) can be found on the district's web site.

Back to Top