Important: The CHS 8th Grade Open House and math placement testing scheduled for Saturday, January 12, 2019 has been rescheduled. Please click here for updated information.
Collinsville Middle School 8th graders will register for freshman-year Collinsville High School courses during January 2019. Each family will receive a letter with information about the registration process. (Click here to view the 8th Grade Letter)
Students will be given a copy of the Registration Worksheet and CHS 2019-20 Course Offering Guide to bring home. The Course Offering Guide provides information important for planning all four years of high school.
(For information regarding 8th grade students NOT currently attending CMS, click here.)
Please note the following important information:
Save the Dates!
You will want to attend “Getting to Know CHS” on Wednesday, January 9, 2019 in the CHS Auditorium at 6:30 p.m. and a special CHS Open House on Saturday, January, 12, 2019 from 8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. and 1:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. in the Counseling Department (to visit the Counseling Department, enter thru the main Visitors Entrance in the front of the school.)
“Getting to Know CHS” is for all incoming freshmen and their parents/guardians. There will be a presentation by CHS administrators and counselors, followed by a question and answer session. You will also have an opportunity to meet representatives from each subject area and learn more about CHS clubs and activities.
Many of your questions about high school courses and the registration process will be answered during the “Getting to Know CHS” presentation, however, if you want to meet individually with a CHS counselor, plan to attend the Open House on January 12th. Counselors will meet with families on a first come, first served basis.
Math Placement Test
Collinsville Middle School 8th graders have been given the CHS Math Placement test to establish the appropriate math course for their freshman year. If your student still needs to take the test, there will be a testing session on Saturday, January 12, from 9-noon at Collinsville High School, Room 106. (See Student Handbook for map.)
You do not need to make a reservation or bring anything to take the test.
Students may arrive any time during the indicated testing window. The testing period is a maximum of 55 minutes. Students may leave as they complete the test. There will be a waiting area for parents who wish to remain at CHS while their child takes the test. Enter through the school’s main Visitor Entrance.
Tips for successful course registration:
- Use the 2019-20 Course Offering Guide to learn about and choose courses. Indicate desired courses on the Incoming 9th Grade Registration Worksheet
- Include BOTH Semester 1 and Semester 2 courses; classes with an (*) are half-year courses.
- Select each course as it appears on the worksheet.
- Teacher recommendations are required for Pre-AP courses and Athletic PE. Freshmen who wish to take Athletic PE must obtain a recommendation signature from their current head coach.
- Courses are listed alphabetically in the Available Courses table.
- Be sure to collect the correct course numbers.
- Be sure to complete alternate course sections as back-up courses in case of scheduling conflicts.
Please turn in the paper copy of the registration sheets by January 18, 2018. Completed worksheets will be accepted at “Getting to Know CHS,” during the Counseling Department Open House and in the CMS main office.
THE ONLINE REGISTRATION PROCESS:
In addition to completing the paper copy of the registration worksheet, CMS parents can enter course selections in Skyward:
- Complete the Registration Worksheet using the 2019-20 Course Offering Guide
- Login to your Skyward Family Access Account
- Click on “Schedule” and “View Requests for 2019-2020”
- Using your completed Registration Worksheet, click and add classes for the “Available Courses” table to the “Selected Courses” table. Students will have 6 credits of classes for a complete schedule.
- The selections are saved automatically.
For Assistance with Course Registration:
For questions and contact information for CHS Counselors, please see the Counseling Department page or call 346-6320 ext. 1137.